Last updated: October 21, 2015
Welcome to NoodleMarkets.com. Noodle Markets is a website and web-based application that connects purchasers and vendors in the K-12 education marketplace. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “website”) are all part of a single media network owned and operated by Noodle Markets, Inc.
By visiting Noodle Markets’ websites or using Noodle Markets’ services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The Information You Give Us. We may receive and store any information that you enter on our website or that you give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information, such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date. You can choose not to provide information to us; however, some personal information about you is generally required in order for you to create an account, use Noodle Markets’ services, or obtain a premium membership.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information from your computer or device when you visit Noodle Markets. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches made.
- To help us customize the content and experience provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information that is relevant to your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features, offerings, and email communications by determining which emails you open and act upon.
The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies.
Beacons. Our sites may use web beacons, also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or web bugs. Web beacons are tiny graphics with unique identifiers that are placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our site to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT GETS COLLECTED?
In General. Noodle Markets uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- for registration and to manage your account, including allowing you access to and use of our site;
- to communicate with you in general, including providing you with information about Noodle Markets and information from the Noodle Markets community;
- to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the Noodle Markets community;
- to facilitate your use of our services;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve of our products, services, and website;
- to notify you about special offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customize your experience with Noodle Markets;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce our terms and conditions; and
as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
User Connections. Many communications that you initiate within the Noodle Markets community will list your name and contact information in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide the recipient with aggregate information about your profile, e.g., how many people are in your network. Once you have connected with another community member, your profile information may be shared with that community member.
Searches. You can search for others in the Noodle Markets community and for other information. For example, you can find community members with a particular expertise who you may know from your industry or profession. We use personal information, including member profiles, to inform and refine our search service. This information can also be searched and indexed by public search engines such as Google.com.
Testimonials. If you provide any testimonials about products or services, Noodle Markets may post those testimonials in connection with our promotion of those products or services to third parties. Testimonials may include your name and other personal information that you have provided.
Compliance with Legal Process and Other Disclosures. It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information, or information about your activities as a member or visitor when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our service; or
- Exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of Noodle Markets, our users, personnel, or others.
We will attempt to notify members about legal demands for their personal information, when appropriate based on our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order, or when the request is an emergency. In light of our principles, we may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority but do not commit to challenge every demand.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We want you to feel secure as a Noodle Markets community member. We understand that community members must feel confident when using our services, and we are committed to protecting the information that we collect.
Security Measures. While no website can guarantee complete security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information. We employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information
Children’s Privacy. Noodle Markets is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. If an individual whom we know to be a child under 13 years of age sends personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the “How can you contact us?” section.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Attn: Legal Department,
860 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10003
1 (888) 851-9650